No surprise, we are going right down to the wire with our 30 Projects in 30 Days task list. I have had a few people mention that they plan to use the full weekend for projects even though September 30 is on Saturday. I am on board with the idea. As far as I am concerned, this year, September has 31 days. We will start October on the 2nd. Agreed?
Because of this crazy challenge, I don’t have time a for a lot of chit chat today. I decided to go all tough love and reorder my list so I could get a better picture of just how much I have to accomplish in the next three days. The items in boldface are tasks that are complete. Items in bold and italics are things that I am working on today, as soon as I publish this post. The rest of the tasks? Well, at least there is Friday.
30 Projects in 30 Days Master List
- Put window film on the basement window
- Scrape paint off the big window in the living room
- Put brass door latch on the door in the butler’s pantry
- Replace light switches and covers in the front hall.
- Put the doorknobs back on the doors in S’s room
- Put the trim back up in S’s room.
- Coat cabinet knob with rubber (Note: This project did not work.)
- Prime the ceiling in the breakfast nook
- Paint the downstairs door blue
- Clean off the porches
- Meal Plan
- Plant Perennials in the front flower bed
- Sew scented liners for my running shoes (prototype)
- Reinstall Screen Doors
- Plan my One Room Challenge room!
- Replant the kitchen plants
- Paint door frame in the kitchen pantry
- Hang hook and art in the downstairs hall
- Paint the toe kick in the kitchen pantry
- Fix rot by the bi-fold doors
- Fix rot on the front porch pillar
- Get rid of the small trash pile on the driveway
- Plant Black-eyed Susans
- Finish baseboard repair and caulk in the downstairs hall
- Create an About Me widget and page on the blog
- Polyurethane the library table
- Work on library windows – Saturday
- Reinstall handrails on the front porch – Saturday
- Caulk in the Kitchen
- Repair bottom of the window and replace hardware on the window in the dining room
Sew Seat Cushions in the living room Install doors and hardware in the butler’s pantry Finish cubby in the hall Install the trim around the ceiling above the bench in the living room Install bathroom lock Touch-up the kitchen cabinets– Waiting on the touch-up kit
It would not be a #30ProjectsIn30Days post without a few pictures.
On the chalkboard wall in the kitchen, I swapped out three dead plants (again!) for fresh ones–two asparagus ferns and a snake plant. I feel like the Angel of Death when it comes to the houseplants in this room.
Remember that time, three years ago, when we put a new ceiling in S’s room? Well, Saturday, we finally put the moulding back up.
And lastly, I sewed some prototype stinky shoe inserts for my running shoes. I made them out of old socks stuffed with kitty litter. Right now, I am just testing out the idea. If it works, I will create a pattern and post a tutorial.
Now, it’s your turn:
Let me know how you are doing. You have a few options to make that happen.
- If you are a blogger; I created a link-up for you at the bottom of the page. Please keep your linked posts related to the 30 Projects in 30 Days challenge. You may link more than one post.
- Tag me on Instagram and remember to hashtag your posts using the #30ProjectsIn30Days hashtag.
- Give me a shout in the comments section here on the blog.
- Send me an e-mail.
Participants will be entered into a drawing, and one will be randomly chosen to win a prize. I will announce the winner on October 3rd. Let’s make the most of these last few days.
Subscribe to Blake Hill House
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at Blake Hill House. Subscribe below.